Monday, December 5, 2011

Future Dream Home Tour Part I : Living Room

So as fun as wedding planning is, we find ourselves dreaming more about our future home... Maybe its because that will actually last longer that one day?

Anywho, we are constantly talking about what we will want where and the type of atmosphere we want our home to have.

Strange as it may seem, for a 22-year-old girl woman and a 23-year-old man child we have quite a bit of what we will need already

Here's a look at our future dream living room pieces that we already own, registered for and are dreaming of having some day... Enjoy!

We will be basing the room off of this magnificent pirate ship painting...


I realize its not so easy to see the actual painting in this picture, but I just love these girls too much to post a boring picture of it instead. I know what you're thinking... Where can you find such a masterpiece surrounded by gorgeous girls? I'm sorry, but this was a once in a lifetime Hope Chest find... The painting technically isn't mine.. That smoking blonde in front of it is my bestie and its hers... Seeing as she is in Germany on a mission and has left it in my care, I don't see any harm in basking in its glory until she comes home to reclaim her prize..

We have two chairs that will go perfectly with the painting and they were a STEAL! Seriously, J and I are both SO in love with them... They're so comfortable, in perfect condition, and small scale so they will work great in any space we have. (Ps, Please ignore the fact that our only pictures were taken in a dirty garage before we stored them away)


We also have a butlers chair that we reupholstered ourselves. I found it at the Hope Chest on 1/2 off furniture day, so it was a WHOPPING $5... Not too bad for the price if you ask me!


I already have curtains hanging in my room that match perfectly, so we will be able to move those over. I also have a small leather storage ottoman that will work well... J has a massive TV and surround sound, but thats easy to imagine, so I won't bother posting pics... Sorry J. I'm also working on some super sweet framed quotes that I will post as soon as I've finished them.

Other than small accessories, I think that about covers the things we already have for the living room. Now for the things we're registered for...

We LOVE how versatile and cheap this rug is! No matter how the room evolves, this rug will always work.

Of course a cozy throw blanket is always important...


We really have most of the things we will need for the living room, so things we registered for are pretty limited. We had registered for some pretty silk pillows that were a blue that matched the throw blanket, but they were on sale 2 for $9.99 on Black Friday, so we ended up getting them ourselves! It just didn't seem fair to let someone else pay $15 more when we could get them so cheap...

So, have you noticed the ONE thing we really NEED for our living room?
Yep, the big ticket item:
A COUCH!

If we could have any couch we wanted, we would definitely go for something like this:

Unfortunately this baby starts at approx $3,900...
Maybe for my 20th anniversary present once the kids won't destroy it?

So what do you think? Love it? Hate it?
Stay tuned for another dream room coming up soon...
We hope you're Christmas Season is sweet and stress-free!

- J & E -

1 comments:

Erica said...

The pirate ship painting strikes again!

Post a Comment